>

Amsterdam Aviation Fair 2018 was PURE HEAVEN for models

General discussion for aircraft display model collectors.

Amsterdam Aviation Fair 2018 was PURE HEAVEN for models

Postby Henry Tenby » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:47 pm

For serious travel agent display model collectors, the 2018 Amsterdam Aviation Fair was pure heaven, as it was loaded with high quality aircraft models, the likes which I have not seen at a show in decades.

The 2018 Amsterdam Aviation Fair was held at the Van der Valk hotel at Schiphol Airport on February 25, 2018.
It was truly an amazing show for model collectors as the numbers of models exceeded the numbers of models at any US show (including the annual Airliners International show which has so few models in recent years) or even the famous Frankfurt show at Schwanheim held every November.

For models at Amsterdam we had three major European collectors bringing large displays of models offered for sale and trade, two from the Netherlands and one from Belgium. Of course there were many other models at other tables as well, so the serious collector had to plan and budget his/her purchases accordingly so as not to get in over one's head.

The show featured over 200 tables and 1000+ plus attendees through the doors on foot, which makes the Amsterdam Aviation Fair one of the world’s biggest airline collectibles shows that I am aware of! It certainly rivals or exceeds the size of some of the US national Airliners International Conventions, which were until now considered the grand-daddy of airline hobby shows.

I'd like to offer my thanks to Patrick van Rooijen and his team for staging such an amazing event! For show details please visit http://aviationfair.com

First photo below is of yours truly (Henry Tenby) and Niels Dam giving enthusiastic "thumbs up" to the Amsterdam Aviation Fair 2018, and the remaining 18 photos feature some of the amazing models which were at the show. I can't wait for the 2019 show!
Attachments
AMS19.jpg
AMS18.jpg
AMS17.jpg
AMS16.jpg
AMS15.jpg
AMS14.jpg
AMS13.jpg
AMS12.jpg
AMS11.jpg
AMS10.jpg
AMS9.jpg