>

Refinishing a 1/72 Rife metal 707 from AF to Air India

General discussion for aircraft display model collectors.

Refinishing a 1/72 Rife metal 707 from AF to Air India

Postby Henry Tenby » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:49 am

I have several of the 1/72 Air France metal 707s in my collection that were produced in large quantities during the 1960s. Most of these models are in very beat up condition so I decided to refinish one of these models into the Air India livery.

First I sanded the old paint and livery off the model, and had my painter do an auto body respray into the basic white silver to take the Air India livery.

So I am going to supply photos of this process.

In this posting you can see the original state of the model in the Air France livery. The engine needed to be welded back on as well. You can also see the model after being repainted into the silver and white.

I purchased the Air India decals for F- Decal who scaled their artwork to 1/72 scale as a custom order for me. I shall soon be applying the Air India decals and will post pictures as I proceed through the decal application process.
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo1.JPG
Henry Tenby

Re: Refinishing a 1/72 Rife metal 707 from AF to Air India

Postby Henry Tenby » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:15 pm

Last night applied the decals to the port side if the aircraft and would like to share a photo.

I got the decals from http://www.f-dcal.fr/ and they did a custom resizing job for me producing the Air India Boeing 707 decals in 1/72 specially for this model.

F-Decals are great! The quality of their artwork is amazing, and the quality of the laser printing is superb. It is very easy to work with the decals and they adhere very nicely to the model. I ratehttp://www.f-dcal.fr/ a strong 10 out 10 and recommended their decals for anyone who needs to refinish an airline display model.
Attachments
AirIndia707.jpg
Henry Tenby

Return to General Discussion & Newsletter Chat