>

Frankfurt Schwanheim Show report 2012

General discussion for aircraft display model collectors.

Frankfurt Schwanheim Show report 2012

Postby Henry Tenby » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:56 pm

I just got back from an excellent airline collectible weekend in Frankfurt, and I am pleased to report that the Schwanhein show was fantastic as always! Specially for airline model collectors.

One of the sellers had a 1/100 SAS metal 747 for 500 Euros (no stand) and that model was very quickly purchased by a Scandinavian collector who repatriated the model back to her birthplace in Sweden.

There were two very large 1/25 scale Aer Lloyd floor models (an MD-11 and an MD-80) and the owner was asking 1000 EUR each. It is my understanding that no buyers were forthcoming and he took the models home with him.

The Lufthansa children's charity table had a very nice selection of models this year, donated by LH archives and employees. In this case I personally acquired a 1/72 Verkuyl F28 in Germanair livery, a mint model which was expensive, but will remain a permanent part of my collection. I also acquired a 1/72 Germanair BAC One Eleven by Space models from them.

At another table I acquired a BEA 1/72 BAC One Eleven in BEA colours by Space models, and the same seller had a 1/50 British Airways Trident, which was sold to Phil Gancey who took the model back to YYZ. Phil is a massive fan of the Trident and turned down a significant profit on the spot to sell the model to another collector. There was also a Westway models BEA Trident in 1/72 scale, and a 1/72 Westways models BEA Vanguard for 40 EUR, that suffered some severe fuselage warping.

One seller had a 1/00 Space Models Qatar A340-600 for 130 EUR, mint in the box. I would have bought the model had I not run out of room with the models I acquired.

My fourth model was in the form of a 1/72 metal Verkuyl Hansa Jet in Luftwaffe livery. This particula model had been coming to the Schwanhiem show for a number of years, and finally the seller and I were able to arrive at a mutually agreeable price.

Actually .. there was a fifth model I collected at the show .. a wooden ID model in 1/72 of a Vickers Valiant. In closing, the Schanheim show was superb! I can't wait until next year, and look forward to seeing all my usual FRA friends again next year. The tradition continues!
Attachments
mod6.jpg
mod3.jpg
mod2.jpg
mod1.jpg
mod5.jpg
BEA111.jpg
BEATRident.jpg
ConectairF28.jpg
HansaJet.jpg
Germanair111.jpg
Henry Tenby