>

FRA Schwanheim Show November 2013

General discussion for aircraft display model collectors.

FRA Schwanheim Show November 2013

Postby Henry Tenby » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:29 am

This year I had the opportunity to visit the famous Schwanheim airline collectibles show in early November, and as always, it was a most interesting and enjoyable event. Special thanks go out to Lothar Grim for all his hard work in making the arrangements for this twice yearly show.

As always, the tables of Winaud Mordziol had some very nice pieces on offer, many of which were sold on to new homes during this year's show. The master-piece of the show had to be the original early 1970s Verkuyl 1/25 scale original metal Fokker 28 D-AGAB in Germanair livery on original stand. It such an amazingly accurate model, and when you knock the side of the metal there is no doubt that it is made of metal. How Verkuyl made this large metal model so accurate is anyone's guess. Ownership of this museum piece will cost an interested buyer 2500 EUR, which generated no serious interest. I do not have Winaud's contact details. If you are interested in the model, it would be a good idea to attend the show in 2014, as I am sure it will be there offered for sale again.

Also on Winaud's table was a metal Verkuyl 1/72 Hansa Jet model which I acquired for a friend, and a generic F28 in metal in 1/72, which I acquired for refinishing. Lastly, he had two Lufthansa 727s in metal. The 1/50 Raise Up model was in the 750 EUR range, and Winaud was asking 350 EUR for the 1/100 Lufthansa 727 model. No takers at that price.

The only other eyeball-popping model to appear at this year's show was the 1/50 scale Tu-134 factory plastic model that Daniel Forhriep brought for a well known collector from Turkey who pre-arranged the purchase of the model. As presented in the photos below, this is a very beautiful model.

I am looking forward to the 2014 show!
Attachments
FRA-5.jpg
FRA-4.jpg
FRA-3.jpg
FRA-2.jpg
FRA-1.jpg
Henry Tenby

Return to General Discussion & Newsletter Chat