>

Hope everyone liked my book!

Discussion about Henry Tenby's "Aircraft Display Model Collector, Investor and Appraisal Guide"

Hope everyone liked my book!

Postby Henry Tenby » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:59 am

My new book titled Aircraft Display Model Collector and Appraisal Guide is now available, and it can be ordered on THIS PAGE: https://www.henrytenby.com/aircraft-display-model-collector-investor-appraisal-guide-first-edition/

This counts as officially the very first post regarding this subject, and I hope a few people will contribute their comments as their ideas and questions regarding topics discussed in the book come to the surface.

Cheers fow now,
Henry Tenby
Henry Tenby

Re: Hope everyone liked my book!

Postby Neil Newman » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:19 am

Even though I’ve been collecting these types of model for over forty years, I’ve learnt facts from your book about our hobby that I didn’t know. Along with Anthony Lawler’s book, yours is a must have.
Enjoy The Sky
Neil Newman

Postby Henry Tenby » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:55 pm

Thank you Neil! I appreciate that and I am glad there were info tidbits you found useful and new to your extensive knowledge base. Happy collecting, and thank you for your terrific support in your section on Executive Display Models, which many people have enjoyed reading!
Henry Tenby

Postby Brian Laurance » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:18 pm

I received my copy of your book yesterday, right on the heels of receiving Anthony Lawler's book last week.

There is an abundance of great reading in my near future, but I could not resist quickly skimming through your book. I appreciate the clear organization by model manufacturer, and love that it is so thoroughly illustrated with photographs. The observations regarding market prices and sources for models will prove most useful as I gradually add to my collection. Sadly, I realize now that I significantly overpaid for one model I purchased fifteen years ago on Ebay. Since the model is a favorite in my collection, I can live with that, but your book will make me a wiser buyer in the future.

As noted in other comments regarding your book, the photos of models owned by some of the most prominent collectors are positively fascinating. One quickly grasps how impressive many of these models truly are.
Brian Laurance

Postby Brian Laurance » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:43 pm

As a further note, I found the historical information regarding Nemoto Models to be particularly interesting. The company's involvement in the production of early Boeing 707 models caught my attention, and your example of the Nemoto 707 for Pan American is stunning. Lawler's book, I believe, made reference to the relationship between Nemoto and Tenshodo, with Nemoto thought to have produced some of the models sold under the Tenshodo name. Given my recently acquired Tenshodo 1/24-scale 707 (wood and fiberglass) -- thought to be a very early 707 model -- I wonder whether some of Nemoto's expertise in building 707's was a factor in the production of the large-scale Tenshodo models.
Brian Laurance

Return to Display Model Collector, Investor & Appraisal Guide