>

Verkuyl & DFM Douglas Factory replacement stands available

This is where you can post your BUY / SELL / TRADE / WANTED adverts for aircraft display models. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE WEBSITE OWNER CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR TRANSACTIONS ARRANGED THROUGH THIS FORUM.

Verkuyl & DFM Douglas Factory replacement stands available

Postby Henry Tenby » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:55 pm

As per the photo below, I am able to offer Verkuyl replacement and DFM Douglas Factory model stands at $160 USD plus postage.

These stands will support most 1/72 models such as F27, F28, DC-8 etc. Stand is supplied with mounting pins as per original Verkuyl specs. The DFM Douglas factory stand is for the smaller 1/72 DFM models, but it can also very easily support a 1/50 DC-9.

However, the spacing may not match the spacing of the holes under your model. Therefore, using a pair of plyers yiu can easilt remove one of the pins by unthreading it. And your model can then by mounted on the stand using one pin instead of two.

After casting the stands are cleaned and spray painted primer black. The finish is fresh from sandcasting, and not as cleaned up and smooth as a Vekuyl original stand. This level of finish requires much work (sanding, puttying, painting more than once). As such, you can achieve this level of finish by doing your own prep work on the stand if so desired. Or, you can use the stand as supplied.

For comparison the original Verkuyl stand is the one on the centre left. As well as upper right.

Please message me or contact me should you wish to place an order. (Minimum order quantity is 3 stands).

Henry Tenby
AircraftDisplayModels.com webmaster
Attachments
VerkuylStands.JPG
Henry Tenby

Re: Verkuyl & DFM Douglas Factory replacement stands availab

Postby Henry Tenby » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:01 am

Sadly I cannot make these any more as the local foundry has closed down.
Henry Tenby

Re: Verkuyl & DFM Douglas Factory replacement stands availab

Postby James McGinlay » Thu May 04, 2023 2:51 pm

Hi. Appreciate that you can no longer get these made (I'm looking for a stand for a Verkuyl KLM DC-8) but wondered if you had any unsold ones available made before the foundry closed down?

Many thanks. Jak.
James McGinlay

Return to BUY / SELL / TRADE / WANTED